Screening and Vetting BS7858Pricing Information
The importance of effective screening within the security business sector is paramount. It is a fundamental requirement for those wishing to comply with BS7858 and other industry codes of practice, to operate a stringent pre-employment vetting system. Skills for Security offers the Vetting Skills programme for administrators
This covers certification, manuals and tea/coffee.
Time left until course date
Our course focus is
- Basic prinicples of security screening
- Information required from applicant
- Verification of information
- Minimum requirements for provisional employment to commence
- Options for closing gaps in an employment history
- Additional SIA ACS requirements
- Cessation of employment
- To give delegates a good understanding of BS7858 requirements
- Enable delegates to be able to confirm that an applicant has a verifiable history
- To authenticate documents for date and place of birth and home address
- Suggest alternatives to close a gap in employment history
- Recognise when probationary employment can commerce
- Be able to compile a fully documented screening file
Please note it is mandatory for all candidates to hold or achieve a First Aid at Work or First Person on Scene qualification when applying for your SIA license.
You must provide:
- Two identity documents from group A. At least one document must show your current address and at least one document must show your date of birth.
- One identity document from group A and two documents from group B. At least one document must show your current address and at least one document must show your date of birth.
- If you are a UK passport holder, your passport number entered on the application form. You do not need to submit the actual passport.
- Signed valid passport of any other nationality.
- Signed valid UK photo driving licence (both parts of the full or provisional licence are required)
- UK original birth certificate issued within 12 months of birth
- UK biometric residence permit
- Valid EU photo ID card.
- Valid UK firearms licence with photo
- Signed valid UK paper driving licence.
- Marriage certificate or Civil Partnership certificate, with translation if not in English.
- UK birth certificate issued more than 12 months after date of birth, but not a photocopy.
- Non-UK birth certificate, with translation if not in English.
- UK adoption certificate
- P45 statement of income for tax purposes on leaving a job issued in the last 12 months.
- P60 annual statement of income for tax purposes issued in the last 12 months.
- Bank or building society statement issued to your current address, less than three months old. You can use more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different bank or building society.
- Mortgage statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Utility bill (gas, electric, telephone, water, satellite, cable) issued to your current address within the last three months. You can only submit one utility bill in support of your application.
- Pension, endowment or ISA statement issued in last 12 months.
- British work permit or visa issued in last 12 months.
- Letter from H.M. Revenue & Customs, Department of Work and Pensions, employment service, or local authority issued within the last three months. You can submit more than one letter as long as each is issued by a different Government department or a different local authority.
- A credit card statement sent to your current address within the last three months. You can submit more than one statement as long as each is issued by a different issuer.
- Council Tax statement issued in the last 12 months.
- Child benefit book issued in last 12 months.